I am looking for suggestions on a chemical peel lines that deliver great results. Used PCA but they are limited.

Views: 3778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you think Bioelements or PCA is stronger than the Cosmedix line? Im just getting started and I want to choose the best line to work with. I have had a timeless peel, TCA, ect. but nothing made my skin glow like Timeless for the cosmdix line. Have you ever heard of LTCA instead of TCA? I want to know more. They really do not teach us enough about chemical in the school I went to. Do you have any suggestions of a good Chemical continuing Ed course?

@ Candace - I think that's where PCA shines - in education.

Their Advanced Chemical Peel class is pricey - but you get a full size peel and product kit which is worth at least the cost of the class.

I have been using Skin Script's peels and they suit my needs well. But I am always open to trying new products. Trade shows have been my primary means of education for many lines - plus I always ask tons of questions of the reps and educators.

It really takes time to get to know any line's peels, and that can only come with USING them!

Thanks for your advice. I will definetly contact PCA. If you hear of any trade shows near SC let me know. I really  want to learn all I can. :)

Cindy- Im sorry to keep asking you so many questions but have you ever seen another type of facial peel have sheeting like the timeless peel?

Have any of you heard of Avene? 

A representative from their company gave me few samples and information . It looks very impressive,I would say better than PCA skin. Although, I do need a feedback from someone who has been using this product.

Thank you 

Hina

Hina - I have never heard of a professional skin care company called avenue so can't offer any feedback.

Cindy- it's Avene not Avenue. I have used it, and love it. Lots of products with retinaldehyde, I think they have the best retinaldehyde products on the market. I don't think they have backbar peels though.

http://www.h2tspa.com/h2t-products.html

They offer training in SoCal, Las Vegas and I think Florida sometimes.

H2T/Dermodality is nice. They are in Vista, CA. It's really better if you've used their products but they offer glycolic through 15% TCA and put emphasis on layering. I love layering peels; the results are fantastic as long as you are comfortable and confident in your skills.

circadia has a great range of peels.  dr pugliese does not have a glycolic, he fells its over used and can be damaging over time due to the deeper penetration.

there are two stregnth of lactic, two alpha beta, two dermafrost-sal, mandelic with vitamin a accelrator, and great jessners. i love his enzymes... three strdgnths.. chocolate, raspberry, and zymase. the alpha beta is my favorite lower level peel. the glow is amazing. i do the raspberry enzyme, then the peel on myself. ive used the jessners with amazing results, and i love the mandelclear.

Circadia also has the Swich and Oxygen RX, the 'anti-peels' that work from the inside out.   I've had a Swich treatment and my skin felt and looked amazing! 

I do almost exclusively peels in my practice. I have used lots of brands over the years: PCA, Rhonda Allison, Image, Visual Changes, Dermaquest Skintherapy, Cosmedix, SkinScripts, SkinCeuticals, BioMedic, to name most. I am experienced with single acid aha or bha peels, blends of those, TCA & blended TCA, jessners, retinol peels. What I have discovered over the years is many companies have similar offerings, and it is good to try a few out. Not be married to 1 brand or set protocols. BUT, you must be very experienced to interchange and customize the acid peels, and be able to 'read' the skin and prep it carefully to know what type of peel to choose. When I first started doing peels many years ago I just used a 30% glycolic acid. I also offered a jessners peel. Those were early days, and since then I have had many many classes and tried out lots of peels. PCA has some of the best education I've come across & that's a good place to start. Or if you already are using a peel line just stay with it til you gain experience, then consider adding something else for awhile. Get as much education as you can get. Experiment with all this stuff on yourself & a colleague. The key here is time, experience, prepping, knowing the skin. You can work with just about anything to get results if you know how to use it, and you have those things. Happy peeling!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service