Hello,

I just finished esthetician school and I will be taking my state board next month.I am going to rent a room (a huge room) in a beauty shop in my town. I think this will be a good place to start building clients. The owner is one of 5 stylist there and also have a nail tech and all of them are so excited about me coming on board. I have already purchased some equipment. I am trying to decide what product would be the best for me. We used Dermalogica in school. I took a class and am certified with PCA. I have researched every professional skin care product that I hear about or see, and now I am now so confused and overwhelmed. This will be a big step for me and I want a product that produces results and is affordable to myself as well as my client. I will appreciate any  and all advice that you can give me. Thanks so much in advance.

Views: 809

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Sally, 

I have the same opinion on only using professional skin care products.

Sally Marrott said:

Just to add my 2 cents to the pot:  I have been using Skin Scripts on the back bar for a few months and a bit of retail.  So far I like the products and the cost is reasonable.  Another private label company that I have been retailing for 5 years is YG labs.  Their products are great, retail well and are also reasonable.  Let me know if you would like their contact info.  Another line that is  more on the expensive side is Hydropeptide.  I LOVE their Peptide serum and the SPF!  You will find that you like some things from line and some from another.  Dont be afraid to mix and match.  There is so much good stuff out there!  Use what you like!  My opinion on Arbonne--you are a skin care professional now.  You should be using and recommending professional skin care products.

Hi Cathy,

First I want to congratulate you on your accomplishments and wish you the very best in you new career.  When I started out as a new Aesthetician, I had product problems also.   Cost, minimums etc.   I tried numerous skin care products, the larger well know known companies wanted nothing to do with at home businesses.  The minimum orders were highly priced especially for someone just starting out.   After much research, money and time, I came out with my own product line which is really wonderful.   The affects are amazing, and the cost is very affordable for both skin care professionals and clients.  The results of my skin care is as effective or even more effective than the most costly products on the market.  My products were designed for both men and women.  You can visit my website, my page or contact me at 516-756-8654 or rosemary@everlastingbeautyskincare.com.  I would be willing to talk with you and hopefully help you through some of the frustrations, and difficulties of starting out as an Aesthetician.

http://everlastingbeautyskincare.com

I just registered with Skin Scripts. I am getting excited about them!! I had pretty much decided to go with PCA skin and Bioelements... but after reading about Skin Scripts products, they sound wonderful!! I love all the enzyme choices, and their acne skin care looks very good. I can't wait to get my "approval" so I can start shopping!!
Good luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service