Hi Everyone, 

I've been hearing about Dermafile lately as an option to use instead of Microdermabrasion machines, that it's more holistic way and cheaper to use as a service. I definitely don't have the money or space for the fancy machines so I am wondering if anyone on here really like using the Dermafile and what are the pros and cons about using it? Is it hard to judge how hard you are using the tool on the client's face? Would love to hear from estheticians that are using it..before I purchase one. Hoping to see it at a booth when I go to the Face and Body show this Aug.

Views: 2299

Replies to This Discussion

Can the Dermafiles be marketed as a manual microdermabrasion treatment? Or do we need to specify this treatment as a Dermafile treatment?

what do you think of Dermafiling and THEN using a gentle enzyme (like the Coconut)??

Definitely yes, I do it all of the time!
Tracy looks like she is really scrubbing away with that dermafile!
I was just thinking the same thing Cindy..I thought we're suppose to do light pressure when using the Dermafile to avoid over doing it! Do you feel that your clients would rather feel the vibration and suctioning from Diamond Microdermabrasion, since you said you use the machine more?

Katrina - I don't really think it's quite the same as microdermabrasion.

It's just another option/tool to use.

It IS far better though than the places that use "microderm" scrubs and call that manual microdermabrasion.

It's kind of hard getting the hang of using the dermafile - I have tried dry and wet...I'm still learning, so don't have a preference.

I tend to use my diamond microdermabrasion more.

If you can spend just a little more, I would recommend getting the ultrasonic skin spatula, it's very handy!

Hi gals....we are about to get in our shipment of the new Dermafiles. I have a prototype set and they are beautiful. The diameter is a little bigger and I really like that! I am still offering a pre order special of FREE shipping and a gift (it's going to be good!). http://www.shelleyhancock.com/dermafile.html

Shelley,

I was reading up on the Dermafiles and was wondering do you add this on your menu as a seperate service or add on to your facial, if so what do you charge your clients for this and do you have them do this treatment in a series of 4-6 in 2 week increments?

Barbara Paswaters

I don't charge extra to use the Dermafiles but...if you are offering this as your exfoliaiton (microderm) treatment you would charge accordingly. There's a picture on my website of a woman that I did six weekly treatments on..the results are fabulous!

Hi Barbara,

I miss you! I ordered the dermafiles new Pro set and am going to advertise it as a seperate facial. I'll be using HydroPeptide's products but I am not sure if I should include HydroPeptides Peel with it also.

Christy...I've done the Dermafile lightly and then the Hydropeptide peel...beautiful! I really like to use Hydropeptide's souffle mask (it's called a mask but it has lactic acid and enzymes in it) first, rinse and then dermafile or visa versa. Clients love the smell of the souffle mask.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service