There has been a small few on this forum who have requested some of my educational documents and literature, which is very cool - to say the least. :) I worked long, long hours on them and the main purpose was to give them away and let others learn from them and also to help me make them better. With that said, my diagram of the skin has been emailed to a few and the request came up that if I had more, please post them. So here they are! What I will do is attach the PDF and if you like it and want a copy please respond to the post with your email and I will send it to you. I welcome all thoughts and ideas and again thank you for wanting them. I will post a few a day...

Tags: Documents, Education, Illustrations, Thoughts

Views: 3188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the more simple diagrams in the collection, this one on the 'Bio Film' gives a basic idea about what it is, what makes it up and why cleansing is important before any professional treatment. I don't think its earth shattering in what it says, but the picture is sorta cool and informative. Very basic but I hope new skin care pros find it useful.

Attachments:

These are great thank you. I did notice that you wrote something about there being a popular peel text book. Is it possible to give the name of the text book ?

I will get this for you.  One of my favorites is from the EU and its pretty expensive; like US$200+

Marty

SkinCareScience.com

I am going to put this up but its a very complicated diagram.  In fact its actually not a finished piece but I will explain each part in other diagrams over the next few days.  I felt I should show this before the others and sorta give an idea about what is to come. This is the part of the skin that I am most fascinated about. I hope you like it.

Attachments:

Earlier I posted a picture of the inter-cellular space and this is the documentation for it. I meant to post earlier but time got away from me.  The process is VERY complicated but I hope this really helps.  For me its not important to understand it 100% from a cellular level, and I do not think I do, but understanding it at a basic level is good enough.  Hope you like it.

Marty

SkinCareScience.com

Attachments:

This is so great Marty thank you so much for the attachments I am new in the Skin Care field and I am very eager to learn I want to be able to help my clients and give them good advices. I truly appreciate you sharing this. My email address is bockpatricia@yahoo.com Thank you!

Patricia

There are too many to email all at once.  Maybe if you let me know a topic or maybe you have a question; I could send to you.  I have like 70 of these that I have done and I do a few a month when its needed.  Let me know.

Marty

SkinCareScience.com

Peels

Tina

Peels?  What... :)

Marty Glenn

SkinCareScience.com

Marty

More info on
lactic acid
Kojac acid
Mandelic Acid

In PA we can not use more than 30% acid or below a 3 on ph scale.....
trying to find products that are effective but fall within those guide lines.

I once heard a comment regarding how we go to the dentist for our teeth but we don't go to a professional for our skin. I thought it was a very good point regarding the need for skin care and professional advice. The document attached is based on that very point. Within some circles of the medical field there is a belief the skin has set points just like a weight loss diet. I have always felt that this theory was a good and hope you do too.

Marty

SkinCareScience.com

Attachments:

Thank you Marty Glenn for taking the time to put together these training diagrams.  I greatly appreciate your efforts.  I am a new esthetician and just opened a spa and wellness center.  I will copy as many pdf as I can on here.  I have mixed skin care needs from advanced aging to acne type.  I would say my main stay is 40+ with combination skin.  Ask what kind of skin care do they use at home and get blank look "uh just water" sometimes you just have to laugh (silently of course).

Tammy Spangler (tammyspangler@ymail.com)

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service