Hey everyone,

I feel like I've been blowing up this Forum since I joined yesterday. I'm really glad I found it. I had been doing a lot of reading on the salongeek.com forum (for the UK) but was excited to find a way to connect with Estys in my own country!

ANYWAY- I'm thinking of investing in some new equipment in 2013.

I've been looing into the Hydrfacial touch system - which has the diamond tip, lymphatic and LED along with the actual hydrafacial exfoliation (The rep has a demo unit for $22K Eeek! Super expensive for a demo!).  

As far as microcurrent goes, I'm looking at the CACI Ultimate (with diamond microderm and LED), the Diamond Medilift, and the Hydrodermie.

I also have requested information from Bio-Theraputics on all of their offerings.

I like the idea of the Hydrafacial and CACI because it is so nice to have multiple functions in one machine. I have a somwhat small space to work in and hate to have a bunch of machines sitting around taking up room. Wish that Edge systems had a microcurrent function to add to the Hydrafacial.

I would really love to hear from anyone who has experience with these modalities or the specific companies/machines. It is so overwhelming to try and figure out what is marketing hype vs. what will offer true results for clients. Also, so many of these companies want you to use their products with the machines, you have to try and calculate how that will add to the cost of an already rather large investement in equipment. It is SO frustrating!

How do you feel about the ROI on these paticular offerings? How have clients responded? I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck, stay current with the new therapies that clients are asking about, and get great results for my clientele.

I'm also planning on adding Oxygen this year- any preferred brands? The spa I worked at for years before starting my business used Echo2, and I liked it, but am open to suggestion.

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts on this matter..

Tags: CACI, Equipment, Hydrafacial, Medilift

Views: 3111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Eryn, I would also like to know your thoughts on the results you see with V2 versus the HF. Are we comparing apples to apples here, or would you consider these two to offer very different treatment types? 

I have microderm already, but was looking for something different. Doyou think the V2 is superior over traditional microderm?

Also....How do you feel about the HF ability to do extractions? That seemed like a stretch to me. 

It is discouraging to hear about your experience with the Edge Systems customer service....

Thanks! 

Hey, we LIKE people who blow up the forum with interesting questions and discussions! Welcome, we are happy to have you here!

Did you feel Bt gave you adaquate training if you had no micro experience and are the results similar between those machines?
I just bought the BT Nano and felt the manual wasn't clear. I don't use it because I don't know how to use it. Very dissapointed!

I remember that BT had a mandatory webinar with test to certify you as competent to operate the machine on clients. I'm sure you could set up an in person or live class if you wanted to, but personally I appreciate being able to do online training for things like this.
Honestly you should call BT and let them know your concerns. Im sure that they will accommodate you. Also, you can check out some youtube videos at btgear or btoxygen.
Next, I would suggest that you get that Nano out and use it on your friends and family and get familiar with it. It will probably end up being one of your favorite tools!

I just got an email from BioTherapeutics that the December special is the BioHydroderm V2 is on sale for $2900!! (Reg price is $4995)
Please note, I do NOT work for BT or any other manufacturer or distributor. I am a solo skin spa owner and am just sharing experience and knowledge I have gathered along the way!
:-)

Wow! great pricing!

Since you need to stock up on the products and tips too, wonder what that would bring your start up cost to?

The BT nano is only useful for the BT products and you only need to know 6 holding Shortening and zlengthening movements plus some feather moment. I am about to upload the microcurrent 23 moments + the 10 others for lifting and the whole feather technics. They don't provide more videos since many companies have stolen their techniques.

They do provide webinar for the BT nano and other equipment

I'm excited to see this thread has been ressurected! Keep theopinions coming! 

I am almost 100% sold on the Dermawave LED system ( www.dermawave.com ) and would be interested to hear feedback on that unit, especially if anyone has used their microcurrent attachment. 

I haven't use it Andrea - but I like that there is a microcurrent option.

The LED heads are kinda pricey at $500 each, but if those are extra ones, then that's a good option also. Did you get the pricing for the different models?

I am looking for a unit that is a hands-free panel.  I get very bored using a hand piece only for treatment ;)

Hi Cindy, I thought I would copy here a bit of a conversation I had with Dermawave's engineer re: panel LEDs. He was describing their Planar heads, which are larger but still held close to the clients face. He asserts that panels are not as effective due to the inverse square law, which in retrospect I remember learning. Just thought I would pass this along :)

And while it might be though of as a 'panel' head, of sorts, it doesn't sit in a stand and an arm. You simply place it at three locations for 90 second ~ 2 minutes each (one side of face, the other side, under the chin - up to the mouth), for a total session time of 5-6 minutes (a graphic is shown at the 'Overview' page at our website). We don't put it on an articulated arm for a reason: We want the Esthetician to hold the panel right on the face, itself. Why? Because of a piece of high school physics known as 'The Inverse Square Law'. As it relates to light, it means this: If you have a given light power level at a surface that is just one inch away, moving the light back to just 1.4 (one point four) inches away cuts the lumen output by one half. Move it back to the two inch distance, and you now have one-fourth the power. Move it back farther to 2.8 inches away, and you now have 1/8 th the power. Most articulated arm panel systems we've seen force the panel to be 6~8 inches away for an even, non-spotty exposure. But at the 8 inch distance, you'd now be at 1/64th the power. This isn't 'salesman's opinion'. It's a law of physics and any high school science teacher would tell you the same thing. Right now - as of this day - we would want LEDs to become even more powerful than what's available today before we set them back that far.

I KNEW that if the light was held away from the skin that it was less effective and that you would have to up the treatment time.  I did not know it was called the Inverse Square Law.

The effectiveness of the light waves goes down a LOT.  I wasn't aware that it was that dramatic.

I was thinking that if I was doing 2 minutes per area with the handpiece and it took me 20 minutes or so to do the whole face, then I could do the whole panel/whole face for the same amount of time...20 minutes.  But it sounds like that unless the panel was less than 3 inches away from the skin then even that amount of time would not compensate entirely.

I like learning about the science behind treatment technology - sometimes it gets overwhelming though

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service