I would like to know what you all are using for your facials.  I use cotton and towels and I had a facial today and she only used what felt like very soft tissues so i am assuming they were esthetic wipes....any suggestions?

Views: 2751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No i don't retail them, because i am not in the room doing facials as such any more......  But, you could if you wanted too....  I am more a salon/spa educator now and running my own company to help Estheticians be successful. 

That's great Claire!  Do you have a website, or have any webinars or books? 

Hello Jodi....I have two websites www.premierbeautysolutions.com and for both of my books that i have published for classes/salon etiquette etc www.twigsandberriesbook.com   The time came for me a few years ago where my passion was stronger for helping co-workers and new hires than it was for the clients per se.  If that makes sense.  So i now help with resume writing, education, salon training etc.....it means more to me now to help girls in the industry learn and explore new things as much as possible.  With having experience in both Europe and here i found i could help from lots of different angles.  :)   My dream is to be a fun,   serious Tabitha for the Spa industry that isn't so mean, but fun instead!! lol

Claire - thank you so much for the links!  

Hello Claire,

Having worked in England, Australia and the United States in skincare since 1987, I've been using my experience in professionalism, client care both medical and spa, to turn businesses around. My success is due to the outstanding mentors that I was fortunate enough to learn from. I do glean a lot from Tabitha and respect her "tough love" attitude. Perhaps we should join forces and do a show of our own!

I use a Clarisonic in my facials- my clients love it- and I wash it well with soap & water, sanitize in an ultrasonic cleaner in hosp disinfectant for 10 minutes.

Do you have multiple brushheads?  Which one do you use for the brushhead and for the actual clarisonic?  I had a mia personally and then switched to the pro personally, but I actually for some reason think I like the mia better.  When my battery dies, I use my boyfriends mia :). 

Hi Susan! I use sponges and towels. I found a pack of 24 hand towels at BigLots for $5. The hand towel is small but is really good to pick up any residual scrub and masque. The compression sponges might be a little expensive but in the long run....you save time and less laundry! I'd say use both sweetie!

http://www.skincareetc.com/Compressed-Facial-Sponges-24pk-_p_515.html

This is where I get the sponges, best price that I had found.

Awesome Sheila...thank you so much for the website!!!!

For a facial I use Towels and Cotton Rounds...

I prefer soft hand towel sized micro fiber clothes from the dollar store. They are safe when removing acids and masks without pulling the skin and grab messy scrubs, etc. They wash and dry beautifully and are thin enough to stock a cabbie for a day!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service