Can anyone help me out? I am a new esthetican renting a room in a salon. Can you give me ideas as to what I can do to really impress my clients? I'm looking to WOW anyone who comes into my room. I've been doing facials the most, but I feel I need to step it up a notch. I want them to leave feeling like they got the best service ever!

Views: 1752

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What product line are you using? DO they see results? DO you add in a massage or more result oriented? I do both but more about results ( I def pamper and nurture clients) just not all services.

Can you add some tools like Derma files or anything to help gain more results without spending a ton?

You can use hot stones and place them in hands/on chest/between toes. Do a foot exfoliation using steam towels and spray a refresher then exfoliate and massage with lotion to finish - same with hands ( get a paraffin hand dip) little stuff like that as add on to pamper/relax your clients.

Aside from services to add to client comfort/spa- I buy some non- flavored and flavored mineral water and sparkling juice from local store (Trader Joes good price) and will add fruit slices ( I have disposable wine glasses) Clients love that we have a drink bar- Just having water- tea- or coffee is nice to offer to add to experience.

nice!

I am using Cures. I feel like these clients are a lot harder to please then the clients in my last salon. I don't know what it is! I really don't feel like Im doing a bad job!

Make them feel like they are your one and only client...follow up with them after services. 

As far as results, you are probably doign a great job but you seem to be maybe doubting yourself.  I do it all the time so thats why I am saying this.  I am always like man this seems so basic, like anyone could do this. Tell us what your typical facial is like.  Here is mine:

heated hand mits with oil on hands to start, double cleanse with clarisonic, retinol scrub if needed, enzyme, massage neck and shoulders, massage face, serum cocktail massaged in, nourishing mask, hand and arm massage, eye peptide, more serum if needed, moisturizer, lip hydration, sunblock, finishing refreshing citrus spray.  I use hot towels to remove products and steam of course.  I will occassional spray a homemade relaxation room spray throughout the facial if I know the client needs some extra relaxation.  Sometimes I will throw in the dermafile (well today was my first time :) ) and you can always boost your enzyme with a little pump of peel if your mfg says it's ok.  Talk to your product mfg and ask them for ideas on how you can get creative with your protocols. 

You can always have LED as an add on service and recently I attached my hot and cold hammer.  You knwo that thing actually feels pretty amazing!!  Just some ideas.  You can also throw in an eye treatm,ent or lip exfoliation. 

I guess I am doubting myself. It seems these clients are a lot more hard to please then the clients I had at the last salon. I wasn't there very long before I decided to rent a room, but they seemed to smile a lot more then my current clients do haha. I cannot pinpoint what the difference is! I feel this place look a lot nicer, cleaner, and the people in my new salon are far more professional. I just need to figure out how to get them to love me. They don't complain about me and they don't seem dissatisfied with the service, but they just seem hard to please.

what type of products are you using

These are the things that people look for as basic if you have savvy clients:

- product line

- cleanliness (dusty equipment? wax all over the pot?, stains on the floor? - fix all that!)

- sterilizing equipment being used

- organization (do you have a mask on your waxing area? Not only is it gross, but if I see something like that, I will never return) :-)

To WOW them:

- what are you willing to give for free in exchange for a return client? Do you offer a basic "European" or "deep cleansing" facial? Up it with hand and foot massage! I offer hand and foot paraffin treatment at the very beginning so that the paraffin works while they're getting the facial.  I never ever ever use steam. Steam is passe, it dehydrates the skin and it really doesn't "open the pores" to make extractions easier.  Pores open because it's a reaction to heat and the skin needs to cool down.  for extractions, use good enzymes and wrap in hot towel to active for a few minutes.  Clarisonic works best after the first cleansing, but I wouldn't recommend it to be used for both cleansings. This will diminish your need for extractions!!

- use aromatherapy during face massage (I do neck, shoulders, face and head massage).

- While masking, use a pillow over their eyes. And remove paraffin from hands and feet and massage.

Your massage technique should be different than your competition. Get more training on that.

Don't rush them because you have to get 8 clients in an 8-hr time frame. 

have they come to you several times? Give them a free eye or lip treatment and let them know that "today I want to give you a nice freebie because..." (your eyes look tired, your lips look chapped, etc)

do they come for the same service?  add a step, change a step, change a product, mix it up everytime).

Good luck!

I like the tips provided, but I have a follow up question about steam. The heat that the steam produces raises the skin temperature, thereby softening the hardened oil in the pore for easier extraction and deep pore cleansing but you say skin should be cool?

Well, I have found that steaming doesn't really do anything.  You can wrap a warm towel over their face - with or without enzymes - immediately before you do extractions. If you use a desincrustation compound, there is no need for heat.  I like using enzymes and a specific product from Rhonda Allison to do this. I never use steam and my extractions, I have noticed from experience, don't end up with swollen or red skin and there is less need to use more products to alleviate the redness or swelling associated with extractions. I am only talking from my own experience :-)

Redness issues are a problem for some clients, very true. Thanks for explaining.

I got the impression clients loved steam?

hehehe, they do, because they don't know better. :-D

I mean, I am only using my own experience and observation.  If you want LESS swelling and redness after extractions, avoid the steam and use warm towel instead. I personally think it's a waste of money on equipment and distilled water every week, and like it happened to me, getting burned and ending up with second degree burn. :-( But that's just me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service