Hi everyone, I wrote a blog trying to explain the different levels of skin care products to those outside of the industry, and I'd love some feedback on it.  I have only published this to my friends, not on my professional skin care page or webstie yet, as I wanted to make sure it was professional enough and informative enough to do so.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Skin Care Products

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Link didn't work.  This one should

http://allaboutskinblog.blogspot.com/

I love it. Very clear and concise and well-structured. If I could write like that I would. The information in the article is all correct and easy to understand for someone not educated in skin care which is important. Great article.

Thank you!  Appreciate the feedback! 

Here is another one I just wrote!  I'd love more feedback.  Also, anyone who has a blog, how do you get followers?  I've shared my blog on facebook, but can't seem to get followers to it.  Any ideas would be great.  Thansk! 

http://allaboutskinblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/why-skin-care-is-not-l...

How do you your facebook pages/blogs/websites out to the masses beyond your own friends and family?  I've tried Facebook sharing contests, only got a few bites on those, I shared my blog on facebook and twitter.  I'm just kind of stuck at how to get my name and information out there beyond what I have.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jodi, I think its great. It bascially speaking to clients and potential clients on a level they can understand. I think sometime when we use big words ( I know I do sometimes), it can confuse them. Yes it does look better when we use them, but I think when blogging they would like to relate. And that you did. I personally done a couple of blogs, but in the same position about getting viewers. Keep up the good work.

Thank you!  I'm happy to hear that!  Now we just have to figure out how to get our blogs out to the masses!  

So here is what I did today.  I created a new Twitter account just for skin care to share my tips and blog.  I created a google+ account, but I'm not sure how to use that one yet.   I linked my blog to my LinkedIn, my Pinterest, my ASCP website, and my FB page.  And wrote 2 more blog posts.  I've always been an amatuer writer, so I'm really enjoying this.  Thanks everyone for the feedback!  It's much appreciated!

Time and patience like I told you on FB. :) It's frustrating sometimes b/c you're anxious to get the information out there but eventually people will follow. I've been doing it for about a year now and it has just been picking up in the last few months. In fact, my blog got noticed my some website in New Jersey and is going to be featured on their site this month. It's fun when something like that happens.

Twitter- Start following other people that relate to what you are doing. That is how I have gotten a lot of my followers. 

There are so many tips to get followers and it has taken me a lot of time to figure it out. Get online and read about social media. They will tell you what the best ways are for each site. Easy and very helpful. 

Good luck! Just keep it up and be consistent. You will get there. :)

Thanks!  I seem to be getting views every day, so that's good! 

I've added a few more posts, about SPF, skin types and makeup!   :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service