First Rubric/Practical on Basic Facial and Breaking Contact HELP!!

We are having a first practical Tuesday I am a bit stressed....

***disclosure: clients are really my fellow classmate since we are not working on paying clients yet****

We are not supposed to break contact with the client and keep a hand on the client at all times, we were so busy  listening and concerned that if we break contact that the teacher will fail us (and we only get two chances to pass this) that we didn't confirm with the teacher when it was save to break contact with the client.

Our products are setup for us, so that we can use a palette to put our products in and set up our own little stations (setup our brush, cotton rounds, tips, bowls and sponges).

Although I don't have documentation we are following Dermalogica's procedures:

**I have two cotton rounds that I dampen with water spritz some UltraCalming toner to place the cottons rounds over closed eyes if there is no eye makeup.

1) Pre-cleanse & Cleanse:

2) Exfoliate: I have found this bit of a pain, even if I only use a little but it is hard to really sponge off, as we are not using the steamer yet and the air dries it out quick and I wet my fingers (one hand because I am scared to break contact and wet both at the same time) a bit in the mixing bowl to get a bit of slip but I am scare I will drip down someones neck and towel a bit off. 2-3 passes with the exfoliator seems a bit much without a steamer.

3)Massage: While I have one hand on the client I dip my brush in the massage cream to spread, and while I still have one hand on the client I place the brush down. Do the massage and we do not wipe off the massage cream (the mask goes on top).

4) Mask: While I have one hand on the client, I get another brush to apply the mask, and while my hand is still on one client place the brush down, tell the client to relax while the mask is doing its thing and I advise I am releasing my touch. I now break contact to get fresh bowls in my water.

5) Steam Towels: I informed the client I am getting the towels, one for the chest and one for the face, gently pressure, after I unwrap the last towel, I keep my hand on the client again.

6) Toner: While I have one hand on the client, I reached for the cotton rounds that I had sprayed on the cotton round, gently wiped the face and neck around. While one hand is on the client, I place the cotton rounds for trashing.

7) Serum: While I have one hand on the client I get some serum from my palette and with the other hand, and then switch hands to get more and the dab on the serum.

8) Moisturizer: While I have one hand on the client,  get some moisturizer from my palette and with the other hand, and then switch hands to get more. Apply moisturizer.

9) Eye cream: While I have one hand on the client, the other hand gets the eye cream and switch up for the other hand and them dab on.

10) Massage Arms & Hands: I break contact to get the moisturizer, and start working the first hand and arm, and while not breaking contact, get moisturizer for the next hand and arm, then I slowly assist the client to a sitting position and while not breaking contact get a bit of moisturizer to massage the upper neck and shoulder.

AM I doing something wrong, overthinking things, etc!!

Views: 528

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ann,

Our hot towel cabbies are also centrally located in our facial room. You and Roberta have given me some great input and I will be referring back to these comments over the weekend.

Good luck

Thanks Patricia! I passed my rubric :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service