Hi:

Just wondering how you get yourself out of the rut when you become discouraged.  I am regretting quitting my stable job I hated to follow the dream.  I am only booking a few appointments daily and spending so much time marketing and making contacts.  My bank account is dwindling and I am worried. 

Any ideas or have you expereienced this also?

thanks for any advice! :) 

Views: 1955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a full time newbie as well and I feel you!!  Just keep putting that positive energy out there and things will fall into place.  I have noticed with myself if I don't stay busy in my personal life with things like networking or events then my business doesn't stay busy.  I have weeks where I have 12 clients and the next week it's 1 or 4 but 3 cancel.  I have been open since Feb and left a very good paying job....and still not pulling a paycheck.  It's tough.  I thought about moving my location but put too much money into getting my place together.  My bank account is scary...it will go up...then I have to buy products or something and right back down...then up..then rent.  Just keep your head up...know that you are not alone and use this forum to help with new ideas on ways to get out there and market.  We are all in this together!!!  If you ever want to text me or email me personally I will send you my info.  It's nice to have this support system of women and men that get it!!

oh and I almost took a second job at Hand and stone...but then decided that I wanted to focus all of my energy to my business.  Also think about easy ways of marketing like car signage (go to esigns.com, they are awesome to work with and quick and have great prices).  I just did this so I will let you know if it helps business.

Car Signage? I have been thinking about that lately. I'm in California (OC) and I can't decide if I want to do that or not. Is it the image I want to project? Is that a bad image? I have no idea?? I have gone back and forth on this so much lately b/c I do think it is a good way to get my name out there whether it actually gets someone to call me or not. All about branding myself! I was going to start small with a license frame. I want to be productive and smart with how I spend my money (especially since I don't have much). 

http://www.esigns.com/magnetic-signs/

I think a nice small magnetic sign on your door is great...I was really happy with how mine turned out.  i have one small one on each side and they look nice.  i almost got my back 3 windows wrapped but decided that was too over the top.  Now, I just have to make sure I drive super nice.  LOL.  They aren't too expensive and you get them quickly.  I would be happy to send you a picture of what mine look like on my car.  I think if they are old looking and faded then thats when I would question if they should remain on there but why not.  You drive everywhere right?  if so, get your name out there girl!!  it's practically FREE advertising. 

I would LOVE to see what yours look like. Thanks Sheila! I feel like you and I are on the same page on a lot of things and we are both just starting out (I also started in Feb). I mentioned where I lived b/c I have often heard California compared to Florida. 

I was also looking at your other post about fall treatment ideas..."Fall Into..." I love that! I'm brainstorming now. I want to do something with pumpkin but also with some other product. I don't think everyone can do pumpkin (I am one of those people) so I would like to have an alternative. I was trying to save the new Skin Scripts stuff for Christmas. 

Anyway, thanks for all your posts. They always help me. :)

aww you are so sweet!  I wish we all lived closer :).  I was actually researching Fall skin care ideas last night and came across the Fall into saying so I can't take full credit for it.  I bought the pumpkin with the clove mask and then I may get the cranberry for christmas time. 

Here is a pic of the car signage :)

Attachments:

Love the car Signage, and I just realized that I am actually following you on your facebook fan page for a few months now ! Lol!, I love your updates and posts, they are very inspiring and keep me motivated in my business . :) Nice to put the face with the business !

Skin Therapist, where in OC are you? I'm in San Diego and just getting started. Ever need someone to bounce ideas with hit me up :).

As I am reading this thread my friend text me asking me which order does she need to apply her skin care. Now has me thinking, how many other people out there need help with that. In September at the Long Beach trade show I listened to Douglas Preston and he says he has little skin care parties. His client holds a party at their home (think Pampered Chef or Cookie Lee) has everyone bring their products and sits with them for an hour and discusses their concerns and go over their products with them. He brings retail as well for people to purchase. As for the host he offers them some sort of benefit for holding the event based on retail sold or appointments booked. Also the ladies who attend you can give them say 10% off their first appointment if they keep the time and date they signed up with at the party.

I think Vistaprint also does magnetic door signs, and they offer an ASCP discount so you could check into that too, since I see you're a member. I haven't seen what the quality looks like on the door signs but I have done other marketing items through Vistaprint which have been very good quality. To get the discount you need to go to the Vistaprint website through the link on the ASCP website (http://www.ascpskincare.com, log in as a member, and then it's under Exclusive Member Discounts).

Hi Carrie

I have a small 6x6 ( I think) decal on my rear window on my car.  I did purchase it from Vista Prints and the quality is really good.  I've purchased business cards and brochures and I've been happy with the quality.

i too use vistaprint and have a website with them also.  They have been great so far

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service