Hello,

I am starting my practice up again after being out for several years and I plan on using nitrile gloves for all of my services, facials included.

Do any of you use gloves for your facials? 

Thanks.

Tags: facials

Views: 2233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I would remove the cots after the extractions, cleanse my hands and proceed with the next step :)

I had an esty wear gloves from the get go and I hated the feel (just a MT at the time). Because of the gloves I wouldn't go back to her. I will wear from the extractions out, peels etc. but other than that no. I think it takes away too much. I use Sally's vinyl, small and I put powder on first so I can have the tight fit. Personally I find nitrile too expensive, though they likely give a better feel.

It's definetely a matter of preference. I personally don't mind it, in fact I have received many facials from estys wearing gloves (at a beauty school for example). If the esty works those fingers out - gloves are the last thing in my mind! ;)

Could have had alot to do with it, maybe I never would have noticed the gloves if the fingers had been working better. Being an MT maybe I expected more!

Yes could have been that bad energy from the Get Go.  Don't you hate that, especially being in this profession??  It's hard to get your world rocked :). 

You should wear gloves from start to finish. My clients are used to them( I wear vinyl) and quite honestly are much softer than my hands most of the time. You just never know, but I do know this, every client gets clean hands with a fresh pair of gloves.

I appreciate your input.  I feel the same way.  I was just concerned with the difference in sensation for the client.  I prefer to err on the side of caution.

With the vinyl a lot of my clients don't even know I'm wearing them. I had a couple tell me how soft my hands are. I think in my 15 years if doing facials, I have only had one client object to the gloves.

I wear gloves for all of my services and have found Medline AloeTouch vinyls to be my fave. Minimal, if any, bunching and a smooth creaseless feel.

I wear gloves for my services as well, but my personal preference. I want to be as precautions as possible and sanitary. I will try the Medline AloeTouch vinyls because the only thing I don't like about the gloves I wear is the creases!!!

Thanks Kyong!

Tia, this is where i get mine. They may be able to send you a sample.

https://www.esafetysupplies.com/Disposable-Glove-Request-Form.html

I have a sink in the room and begin each service by asking questions about the client's recent skin condition while I double wash my hands right in front of them, and dry them on a clean towel.

I proceed through the skin analysis and usually the cleansing steps (unless there are oozing acne lesions) ungloved.  Usually I let the facial skin dry (ahead of microderm, dermaplaning, or certain peels) while doing an arm and hand massage, still ungloved (unless I see or know of anything suspicious on the skin of their arms/hands). Then, when I move to exfoliation, I wash my hands again and glove up.  I remain gloved for exfoliation and extractions, and then usually unglove and rinse my hands off (for some reason the powder in lightly powdered gloves smells odd to me) and proceed to LED light, where I don't touch their skin.  Next I mix their mask in a little dixie cup, and apply it with my mask brush.  If there is any blood or pus from extractions, I apply it with a glycolic applicator swab instead.  I use a single glove when I go to do either microcurrent or ultrasonic permeation over the mask (gloved hand effleurages and keeps skin damp ahead of machine; ungloved hand holds device).  Then I remove that glove in order to do upper body massage while the mask dries.  At the end of the facial, I wash my hands thoroughly again, remove mask with hot towels, tone with gauze, and then usually apply serum, moisturizer, and SPF with ungloved hands (unless there is pus or blood).  I then wash my hands again thoroughly before leaving the room.  With these multiple hand washes, I feel that the client and I are both safe even during the ungloved portions.  I worry less about the transfer of pathogens from my fingertips to their skin, but more about the transfer of salt from sweat from my skin to their freshly exfoliated face, which would be irritating.  Hence the thorough wash before each ungloved contact.

I don't disagree with those who glove up for the whole treatment, but I do find that it is hard for me to do a good skin analysis gloved.  However when I have to do it (for example, in the case of suppurating acne, or the time when I had a wart on my finger), it's still better than nothing, and I don't find that clients notice the sensation difference.

I like the Dynarex gloves that can be ordered in  bulk from Sam's club.  They also offer table paper, gauze, and sani-wipes by the case.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service