Hi Friends:

I'm working on my 2012 on-the-road trainings.  With the holidays approaching I won't hold many trainings in November and December, but want to get a great start in 2012.  I have mid-Florida and Raleigh, NC on my agenda for Jan/Feb 2012.  Where else do you want to see me?

While we are on the subject of trainings, do you have specific requests of what you would like to learn in trainings (besides how to use the products.)  Maybe we should invite Shelley Hancock along to demonstrate equipment used in conjunction with the products (e.g., oxygen machines, microcurrent, dermafiles, skin spatulas, etc.)

Lisa

Views: 1225

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lisa, 

I'm in Rochester and would definitely attend. Perhaps Albany or Syracuse to enable western NYers to make it? 

I will put it on the list.  I will let you know once we confirm a conference room.  Thanks!

Lisa, watched your webinar and learned so much. I live in Lake City Florida right off I-75 which is 3 hours north of Orlando. You will actually go thru Lake City on way to Atlanta. I'm a brand new esty and need training training training. What is the cost of your class? It's a long drive especially for a night shifter but I would really love to attend your class. Thanks. Angi

Hi Angela.  I'm glad the webinars are of value!  I sometimes wonder if people are sleeping on their desk.  Hee, hee.  Our class is free of charge and we provide lunch.  I would love to have you attend one of our trainings.  PS:  You mention that I will go through Lake City on the way to Atlanta - we're flying from Orlando to Atlanta.  I could look down and probably see it!!

That would be tremendous with Shelley along. I purchased the derma files from her but have yet to use. The spatula is next. Unfortunatly I don't think the training in my school was near to being adequate. Instructor was a hair stylistand adjunct instructor so she was learning with us. She did the best she could but you can imagine my frustration. As a RN I'm a quick study and I have found nothing beats hands on. Thanks. Angi

I'll demonstrate the dermafile in the training - I, personally, like to use them wet, right on top of the enzyme.  The manufacturer's protocol uses them on dry skin.  I have the skin spatula also, but I forget to use that one.  I'll try to remember to bring it along for use in demonstration.  Most likely Shelley will be along and she'll have lots of input on those two.

Yes, I agree that the schools are lacking in training.  When I train, I assume estheticians have had chemical peel training and I'm finding that most don't these days. 

When I finished esthetician school, I read a book a month (ordered something relevant off of Amazon.com) and I found most of my advanced knowledge in books.  The past two years, I've attended some great training, specifically, Florence Barrett Hill, teaches skin physiology - why the skin behaves the way it does and how to treat it once you understand how the skin works.  As an RN, I think you would pick up on her training quickly - I had to take the class twice to fully understand it.

Thanks!  Lisa

Please consider Syracuse!  I am in Auburn, NY about 45 minutes away.  Or just come here!!  :-)  I would be happy to assist you...Unfortunately, NY state does not permit the use of a dermafile or skin spatula and our pH limit is 3.0 for acids but I would love to work on changing that!!!

Interesting - you are limited.  Okay, Syracuse is on the list - I will be in touch once we confirm something.  Thanks!

Hi Lisa ..I had asked once before, I'm in Long Island NY . Any chance of seeing you ?

Hi Susan - I'm planning to visit New York in July - just as soon as I confirm a conference room, I will let you know!

Sounds great...Thanks

Hello Lisa!!  Is Dallas-Ft Worth on your list?  Will be you attend The International Congress of Esthetics and Spa in Dallas (actually Arlington, TX) in May?

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service