I am a big fan of The Sartorialist, a photo blog of people on the street with great style. I just found out about a similar website that focuses on senior women, Advanced Style. This is a really interesting look at some ladies with absolutely killer style in their 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s... wow, just WOW, look at this entry, Life and Style Tips from a 100 Year Old.

And I love the fact that there are all sorts of styles shown on the site, punk, avante-garde, everything, not just the usual "classic elegance" that is often the only acceptable look shown in the media for an older woman. It's really just a great look at some people who know how they want to look and JUST GO FOR IT.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is amazing! I think it is so wonderful that older women, can take life by the horns and celebrate it at any age!

Wow, she is an inspiration! I love her 10 tips! Words to live by, I would say. Thanks for sharing this, Carrie!

This is so cool, exactly what my grandma taught me, and take note "never sleep in your make up"!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service