Looking for a 100% vegan, cruetly free, enviromently friendly, palm oil free, skincare line

As a vegan and animal lover, I'm searching for a 100% vegan, skincare line that is natural, no toxic additives, as well as environmentally friendly (meaning no palm oil or other ingredients that are killing our rain forest), and that also produces amazing results. Any ideas or am I dreaming?

Also looking for a makeup line with the same requirements. Thanks!

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jennifer! Have you tried them before?

I also came across a line called 302 Skincare. They are also vegan, all natural paraben free. I have to look into the ingredients more, but also looks interesting.

This is the line I personally use. They are vegan, gluten free, no Parabens or mineral oil and do not test on animals. It is expensive, but worth it. 

The number of skin care products that have animal based ingredients is fairly small.  While our line doesn't have animal ingredients, I have never bothered "certifying" it as vegan.  You should choose your product line and products based on what you like and then verify that they are free of animal derived ingredients.  Suppliers and manufacturers should have no difficulty in answering the question.   There are easy ones like collagen, elastin, and lanolin.  Others are not, e.g. stem cells, which can be animal or fruit derived.

Palm oil is a hot topic, and with good reason.   I have personally seen the devastation the industry has done in places like Kalimantan.  Trying to rid skincare products of palm oil based ingredients is a monumental, if not an impossible task.   The shear number of ingredients that contain palm oil is suprisingly large.   I am a bit skeptical at this time if anyone claims to be "palm oil" free.   If you asked me to create a skincare line without palm oil based ingredients, you might not like the end results.   The current movement is now certified sustainable sources of palm oil.  An analogy would be not using wood for anything in order to protect forests.  Instead, we have a created a mechanism by which we can still use wood without destroying our environment.   So, too, will we do the same thing with palm oil derived ingredients.   We are very close.

"Natural" is a term that has no definition.  It can also create a paradox.   The movement to rid formulas of animal derived ingredients has been going on for 30 years.  The answer is to create an exact chemical duplicate to animal based ingredient.   One ingredient supplier would have the same ingredient in two version, the second having a "BT" designation.  The BT stands for Bio-Technology.  This is a very "unnatural" version of an animal based ingredient.  I believe natural and toxic ingredients have been overplayed in the market place.   

If you want a successful product retail strategy: 1)   Choose products that work for your clients, 2) are priced at point where they can afford to maintain a skin care regimen, AND 3) meet your personal philosophical requirements.  If you start and end with #3 only, you will only sell a customer once.

Sorry for the long post and I didn't even recommend a line, just tips for how to choose.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service