Anyone know of a great manufacture for effective skin care (cosmeceutical) that has all you need for effective retail and backbar? There are so many companies out there! I also need little to no minimums.  And cost efficient! Any advice would be great.  Thanks!

Views: 1717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been using YG Laboratories private label skin care products for 3 years and I love them. Great results.

Please read post about CARB.

Hello Cindy,

Maybe we can help you. I've been in the private label business for 33-years and know it inside and out. All of our accounts feature free business consulting from me. Please visit our website at: www.prestonprivatelabel.com. You can also contact me directly at 408-677-6105.

Many thanks!

Douglas Preston

Hi old friend, please read post about CARB. If you don't know about this information it will affect you.
You have been doing privet label companies for some time now and I would really help if the big guns like you started fighting CARB.

Cheryl

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up. In California if you are a Private Label-er. You have to register your products with the California Air Board, CARB. This is new and just started last year. I have been using Vitelle Labs for about 10 years, great products. I can remember when we only had about 25 products now, we have about 300. Now, I don't know what to do as I can see big cost coming with the CARB. in the form of fees. 

Vitelle is required to tell CARB about you if you sell your products in Cal. And you have to register your products as responsible party. The registration requires pics of products, ingredients, etc. The lab will set it up for you, but the web is hard to navigate and your information is not privet.

So look forward to government involvement in your business if you private Label in Cal. They also want to know about your sales and how much you made off your products. I'm sure this is going to be based on the fees.

If you don't register your private label products in Cal. (the only state that is doing this) you will get huge fines.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, as I'm jumping through the nightmare hoops of CARB.

Cheryl

Hi Cathy,
Yes, if your name is on the label. It is your responsible to register.
So I get my products through Vitelle Lab. I have my own private label name put on the labels and if your private label name is on the product and not Vitelle. You are the responsible party. You must register or be fined. That is why I'm putting it out there because I see a lot of people are not registering and the fines are big. CARB has already done 2013 and are working of 14/15. Please pass the word.

Is what we should be doing is banding together to fight this because they are saying skincare is causing air problems. Such as essential oils, which are natural grown. I'm sure in the end it will be just another way to get fee out of us.

Cheryl

Your welcome, us esthetician and spa owners really need to stick together and help each other in anyway we can.

I don't know about other states, but I know Cal. is for sure doing this.

I totally believe in privet label, and this is all new to the privet label-ers. it's just a misfortune the government is growing and sense they don't know how to handle their money they are looking for more from hardworking people that really don't make that much to begin with. 

Another thing CARB makes their own rules and they don't have to go to congress to get this past.

Cheryl

I guess I should add, it's all skincare, hair, nails companies that bring their products in to Cal. Not just privet label. That means, Ronda Allison, Skin Scrip

That's right, that's is what I have been going through and I have seen the list of those that have not registered and it's a lot. Most of the big companies that do business in Cal. are not registered. Big names such as the ones above, Wenn hair care, etc. I would say more companies have not registered then have.

Thank God Vitelle was on top of things. I'm registered, but have quit selling skincare all together, because I don't want to sell brand names that people can buy cheaper on line. That is a waist of my time and money. This puts the little guy out of business, because most of our money is made on product sales.

Also I pointed out to CARB, what does that mean to the state of Cal. if people like me quit selling skincare and are not collecting tax money to send to the state. Seems like they are cutting off their foot and less money will be going to the state through taxes. I guess they will make it up in fees to the company owner.

I will say it won't belong until the big companies won't send product to Cal.

Cheryl

Skincare professionals Please be aware of CARB and skincare companies. Pass it along, we need to fight this Face book it, Tweet it. Pass it along to all the big companies that do business in Cal.

Cheryl

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service