I'm contemplating going to work for Massage Envy doing Murad facials. I welcome any input re: if this franchise is a good employer. Thanks!!

Views: 4705

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well put  I dont understand where some people  think they will be paid I think they want 50% or more they may as well take over your  business $15  an hour  plus tips  plus   product sales ( Yes sell those  products  is that not educating your client to use the correct products ?)

Murad is no longer professional. They sell it on infomercials. Would you use Avon or Mary Kay and feel professional?

Jamie, I just hate that. Or when they jump to qvc. Or penny's. I hate that. 

Jamie, I would almost prefer Avon or Mary Kay. At least I would know they would have to buy from me! :-)

I used to work at a massage envy.

pros: front desk takes care of everything you just show up and do your services. you get hourly rate or commission which ever is greatest

Cons: Murad and Massage Envy have a set protocol you can not customize your services. They want the guest who got a facial in Hawaii to get the same exact facial in a massage envy in Az 

but you have to count exactly how much supplies you are using you cant use more you cant use less. and that goes for cotton balls!

and there are only 4 facials to choose from and it get really boring after a while

and you really don't have a lot of time to recommend products because you are only allowed 1 hour with the guest.

*ps. Some magazines waring people not to sign up on a membership like that because it really is a waste. you cant spend enough time with the person to get the results that you are wanting since larger companies are in it more for the money and actually helping the clients

larger companies are in it more for the money and actually helping the clients

EVERYONE is in business to make money, first and foremost. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves.

Helping clients = making money.  You can be greedy and stupid, but if you are you don't last long. ME has been around a long time and will be around longer than any of us because they help people make their limited funds go as far as possible.

No one is "better" than ME, they just have a different focus and clientele.

I interviewed at Massage Envy when they first brought facials in and they told me pay was $15 an hour on ONLY the hours I actually did facials which I didn't take as technically getting paid hourly. More like getting paid a commission on the facial. I haven't heard of many estys making 45K at Massage Envy.

15/hr 40 hrs a week pays about 31K, and that's assuming you're doing a facial every hour you work. OMG I can't barely stand the thought of doing 8 bland facials in a row 5 days a week just to earn 31K. Even with bennies.

Considering that at that time I was averaging $25 an hour on commission and doing part time to be earning about 34K in my second year of esthetics, I told them on the spot that the job wouldn't work for me and I didn't want to waste anymore of either of our time. I think if you're a new esthetician, it's not a bad place to start to get your technique down and learn to hustle but I'd expect everyone who knows their worth would be out of there in one year.

do not waste time....... they are clueless as to who they hire!

my friend that gets massages there, went for it.    She said worst EVER.

Of course I do.  At one weak moment I considered working at two different ones.

Have you even bothered to read the other seriously harsh, bad mouth comments>  rather than branish ME?

Okay, that's great.

so, why do you keep bashing me in regards to  ME?   Are you the VP, or marketing person, trying to get a feel of how people think and use services.  Just wondering.   I don't care.  I would think, all comments would be used. Not just making a blanket statement towards me.   I really don't care---------  where one works these days.  You asked , I added my statement.  But from what I read, I was at least a bit more gentle.  

Thanks.

Barbra, don't sweat it. Read a few of the other posts and you will see that she does that and as someone who has been on the same end as you she just does not understand. She does have some valid points but almost always comes across as nasty. You know, you CAN report her. 

Thanks  Amy-----  not going to sweat it, and I will report it.  Apparently, this individual loves, to harass, annoy, etc...... I'll hope you join me.    she does not have any thing else to do.  Turns out I have a little free time today.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service