I had a situation tonight that I'd like to run past everyone.  One of my regular facial clients came in tonight and brought her adult daughter for a massage appointment at the same time.  When we were done, the massage therapist checked out the clients.  My client handed me the cash tip she always gives me, which I graciously accepted and thanked her for.  Her daughter tried to hand the massage therapist a cash tip and the massage therapist refused it.  The client tried to insist, 3 times and the massage therapist just said no, that she would rather just have her come back another time for another massage.  I think this made the client feel uncomfortable.  I know had it been me, I would have felt uncomfortable.  If she really didn't want the money, she could have just taken it and donated it to a charity or something.  What are your thoughts on this?  Thanks. 

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep.  Rude and weird behavior.  Does the therapist work for you?  I'd definitely address that if so.

Not for me, no.  I don't own the spa.  She's actually the manager/director, right under the owner. 

She needs to get off her high horse!! 

Refusing a tip once is okay, refusing it when the client insists is rude.

I think the client was more surprised than anything...after the massage therapist refused it, the client said...'please..are you sure?  I really liked the massage.'  At that point, I think she should have said, thank you and taken the money.  It just blew my mind.  I have no idea the motivation behind it...if she thought she was being nice by not taking her money, or what...

agree with Samantha.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service