Has anyone got any resourceful ideas on how to securely display retail in a lobby area?  I want to display it neatly and be able to lock it, since I won't be around to guard it 24/7.

I've been looking at retail cases on craigslist, and they are all fairly pricey for how absolutely hideous they are....I'm all about repurposing and modifying things to fit my needs, but I can't seem to come up with an attractive and functional solution. 

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is going to sound really dumb, but it somehow worked wonders for me.  I bought a cheappie book case with a bottom cabinet that had locked drawers.  I put out testers on the book case with fun signs (I painted it white and put a fake back in the book case with different scarpbooking paper that I mogde podged onto a piece of chip board to go with my décor).  I lock the actual retail into the bottom and sell from the testers.  I always keep one to sell, one to test out.  It has helped with walk off AND selling.

If you find something with sliding glass doors, you can always find a removable lock that slides on the glass

When you have someone out front to keep and eye on it, you can keep it open.

You can also look for curio cabinets instead of retail display cases and have a lock put into it which is very cheap and easy.

Locked retail is a big deterrent to sales.  Instead what do you think about buying some empties from your product companies??

oooooh! Good Idea!!!

Kim

Christine has the right idea for this. I give empty bottles when asked for this very purpose. You have to fill the shelf or nobody will buy and the tester is a must have. If your product mfgr wont help with the empties then maybe pay a little more and don't buy back bar and instead of buying expensive display put the money into retail size and empty for your back bar. Sounds like a bad idea but if you do the math maybe it will work out better for you.

Marty
SkinCareScience.com

Exactly.  Before I had space where my retail could be monitored by a receptionist, I had my actual retail shelving in my treatment room, with empty boxes on display out in the unlocked area.  I didn't have testers, but I'm sure that would have helped even more.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service