I have been to places that offer wine with services. I myself am too paranoid to offer that because of any liability.  It's always been an interest to me to know how they can do it.  What does State Board say about it (if any) or City or State.  There must be some type of permit for offering alcohol with their service.  Just curios if anyone knows the rules and regulations on this.  Thanks!

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In most places, if it is given away rather than sold, it is not permit-worthy. I'm sure there are some ultra conservative jurisdictions where it is an issue, but essentially a spa is a private, appointment based space, and we can offer a variety of comforts and conveniences to our guests.

I dont know about State Board, but the salon i was working before used to offer wine until.... one "very smart" lady got a little bit more than she can handle and on her way home she got to the accident, and .... she sued the salon. I dont know the end of the story though, but the owner dont offer any drinks any more. Just water, coffee and hot tea. 

There usually aren't liquor licensing issues if  you are not charging for the beverages, but huge liability issues as noted for simply serving them.

Worse, imagine someone gets tipsy and has a slip and fall on your premises.

A few nail salons in our area openly advertise "drinks with any service'.  The case could probably be made that the alcohol is an inducement, which would probably run afoul of alcohol licensing -- if they bothered to look in to it at all, but they are -- and should be -- too busy chasing moonshiners and underage sales

Diane

I have a wine called 'Serene' and I do not sell it or dispense inside my facility.  Way too much liability.  I would not do it if I were you.  The level of toxicity if an accident happens will not be the issue but the fact that there was alcohol WILL BE. Your on the right track with the City and I would check with them but I would more importantly check with your insurance carrier since after all - if you need coverage for an accident they will be the ones you call first or should I say, 'The plaintiffs attorney'.

Marty

SkinCareScience.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service