hello all :)

I have recently joined a small salon after being on my own for 5 years...my clients and I have gotten very used to the quiet conditions at my previous location and this salon is noisy...perhaps even by salon standards...the salon is small, my room is small and although I have carpeted, have some furniture and hung pictures there is still substantial noise from blow dryers, pedi chair etc...my door is hollow and i have a draft pillow thing at the bottom of the door but it does little good...I am not expecting graveyard quiet, but already regulars are complaining and Idk what to do!

i thought I would be happy in my new location, and happy working with other people after being solo for so long but I am very unhappy...

any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated :)

thank you!

annie

Tags: noise, proofing, sound

Views: 831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the same boat, my life saver is a fountain and overhead speakers. They drown out a lot of noise. I also have a sign on my door that I place every time I go into a treatment that I am in session and please be quiet.

Hello, I used to have some issues with noise until I bought a sound conditioner, A white noise little machine that I find is more effective in the treatment room. I also have a floor fan that creates a peaceful enviroment as well. I bought the machine from JCPenney years ago, Dont know if they still sell them. Good luck!

Hi Ann,

I have the same situation going on as well, it can be very frustrating! I put a small fan on the floor that has helped a little but not much. I also have a sign that I put out before I go in to the treatment room. Have you tried any of these ideas posted and have you had success? I was going to try to find a thick curtain to hang over the door and HOPE it works :/

My rooms all have music, fountains, and fans/heater. It's amazing the amount of noise the white noise of a fan will drown out. Good luck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service