I am thinking about adding this service to my menu and would like to hear from others who are offering sugaring. I have not been trained yet but have recently been sugared by another esto. I liked the experience far more than waxing but it was not as thorough (could have been the application) as wax and oddly enough, It made me breakout. I never breakout anymore from waxing so I'm wondering if this is an expected response for skin that is not used

I'm interested in knowing if sugaring is the "cash cow" that waxing is?

Tags: sugaring, waxing

Views: 1553

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Crickett.

What brand of sugar do you use Crickett ?

I have a friend who is Turkish and she has brought her brand to the United States.  It is excellent.  She has used in on many many clients and they never break out. 

Anyone need any help, she is a wealth of knowledge and experience.

Susan Wolf

RenewYOU Cancetology, Inc.

Hi Deborah,

I'm really happy to have this service on my menu, as I do all three: sugar, hard wax, strip wax. Sugar has paid itself off many times over. The first company I've learned from is Alexandria Professional, which was a good decision because it's one of the oldest and best brands to start with. So you broke out? Make sure that your professional is making you fill out an intake form - that's how I can determine who's a good candidate for sugaring. Some people have allergies to certain things like citrus, which is found in many brands out there. Because everyone is different, it's good to have a medium suitable for that person - so don't get rid of your waxing services once you have sugaring available. There are people out there who will respond really well to the sugar treatments.  

Deborah, Yes! Sugaring is worth it's weight in gold. I was originally trained with Alexandria as well. They definitely offer superior product and training. The bulk of my clientele is from sugaring and aside from the income it brings, it's a great feeling to be able to offer a service that I genuinely believe in. I have never been a fan of waxing. This has nothing to do with my proficiency level but rather the harmful effects it can have on so many. As an Esthetician and someone who truly cares about being able to offer my clients the best for their skin, I would recommend sugaring to every Esthetician out there. I think, frankly, more Estheticians should be offering it so more clientele have the opportunity to experience it and it's many benefits.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service