So I have been lucky and haven't had any nightmare stories when it comes to waxing. Since I have such sensitive skin, I try to be extra careful with my clients. 

A new client came in today and I waxed her lip and brows. No issues with her lip at all. She didn't even have redness! Then, I waxed her brows and she just called me (about 2 hours later) and she said when she got out of the shower she noticed blisters under her brows. I'm so confused. This has never happened before and I don't know why it is happening now. I went over her skin care regimen again to make sure there was nothing that would make her skin sensitive and she is only on birth control. Plus, the fact that it didn't happen on her lips, really makes me question. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It could be BC- or something in eye makeup or eye creams that she may not know or mention. Blisters and the little red bumps are different. If she has sundamage or out in sun with no SPF right before wax could also- I would have her come in- take a look and apply ice and neosporin often

It is odd that only area or allergy is only other thing. Tea tree oil ( 2 drops mixed with 1-2oz of water in spray bottle ) worked for me when this happened along with above. I have super sensitive skin.

She barely does anything with her skin. Cetaphil and sunscreen. That is it! And I asked twice just to make sure. :) I told her to use ice and neosporin. 

Thanks for your help, Natalie. :)

Welcome! Then its the Cetaphil or Sunscreen ;)

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service