As the currently close to US $500 billion beauty and personal care industry, figures according to the Euromonitor International, rapidly grows to become valued at a trillion dollars in less than 10 years from now, people’s appetite for instant fixes continues to grow. What many fail to realize is that the motto, ‘no pain, no gain’ goes beyond scheduling a painful procedure, particularly when it’s those pesky cellulites that are being thrown into the spotlight.
Loving your body more
"I have cellulite. I admit it. But sometimes I just say, 'Screw it, I am going to wear a bikini,” confesses Cindy Crawford, Cellulites take more than just the application of body firming creams to disappear, just as a Lamour Skin Cream will never be enough to rid aging skin of wrinkles.
While there are a number of highly reliable minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures available today to instantly eliminate cellulites, sometimes the best solutions are the ones you really work hard for. So, who wants to say, ‘goodbye’ to their cellulites? Here are five exercises to get you to your goal:
1. Swimming. Compared to any other sport, swimming uses an army of muscles to help keep you afloat and moving across the pool. Of all the muscle groups, swimming mostly uses and therefore builds tension and resistance for the triceps, biceps, back, glute, thigh, and legs — which also happen to be among the parts of the body where cellulites are likely to show up.
Swimming develops your speed and endurance. The water adds resistance, compelling your body to exert more energy than when the same movements were done standing on the floor. If you’re not a big fan of weight training. Swimming can be a great alternative.
2. Climbing the stairs. As you move your legs up one step at a time, it creates tension on all sides of your thighs, glutes, buttocks, and calves —areas that often harbor unsightly cellulites. Climbing up pulls down the full gravity of your weight towards these areas. In just about three consecutive days of performing this routine, you should be able to tell that your thighs are tighter. Climbing the stairs is one of few ways to tone your hard to reach inner thighs.
3. Side lay ups. Install a rope to about your waist level. Now, it’s time to train like a boxer. Move your entire upper body below the rope to cross over to the other side. Side step to the right as you raise your right arm above your head. Crossover to the other side doing the same thing. Keep alternating to about count 20. Make 3 repetitions.
4. Gunnar’s Dumbbell Side Lunge Lateral Raise. Gunnar Peterson, Khloe Kardashian’s fitness trainer, strongly believes that this exercise was the reason for Khloe’s body revenge. Get as fit as Khloe is doing this exercise. First, get a pair of dumbbells. Hold the dumbbells loosely on on your sides. Starting position is feet together. Then, step your right leg to the side as you bend your right knee and keep your left leg straight. Go back to starting position. Then, do the same for the other side. Keep repeating the sequence for as long as you can or for at least 15 counts and 3 sets.
After a few sessions, you must realize that you didn’t need to choose from cellulite treatments after all. Well, good for you.
5. Ab rocket. This home exercising equipment does a lot to tone many hard to reach areas of your skin that are affected by cellulites. Use it to level up your floor and weight training exercises. How does it work? You get on the equipment with knees kneeling on the sliding bar. Place your elbows over to both sides. Then, pull up the lower part of your body to slide up. Move down slowly but don’t let the pad touch the bottom part of the slider. Keep repeating the process for 15 repetitions in at least three sets.
Ab rocket works up your leg muscles but also that of your arms, torso, and stomach and even improves the firmness of skin under your armpits.
Cellulite: Causes and Prevention Tips
You don’t have to be ashamed of having cellulites but, you don’t have to resist any easy, potential improvements you can make on your own skin and body — no surgical operation, no skin injections necessary. Besides, these exercises do not only help eliminate your cellulites but also promote your overall health and well-being.