Hello...first I must say...I love this site and look forward to hearing everyone!!!

I have been working in a spa for three years and have seen several stages of rosecea in that time...I always try to keep the skin as calm as possible and not stimulate the capillaries anymore than they already are. I have rosacea clients that have recieved microderm and glycolic peels by other esty"s and I don't feel comfortable performing aggressive exfoliation on them to their disappointment...also some come in using retin A prescribed by doctors which goes against everything I was taught. I use products with vit k, vit c,  chamomille,  green tea and oatmeal... with no steam,  no hot towels and limited massage. my question is...are there exfoliation techniques for this condition that don't exaserbate the problem and does anyone know any education that will help me keep my clients happy with anti aging demands and keep me happy knowing that I am not doing damage?

Views: 683

Replies to This Discussion

What % salicylic do you use?
I have a 7% salicylic serum with a pH of 3.5.
I have rosacea and there is a PCA protocol for this condition.  It uses the Ultra Peel 1, and I get results.  Less redness and anti aging in one.  I love it.

Joanne- I have seen many clients that have helped their Rosacea with light chemical exfoliation. I use Glymed products- I haveput them on a nightly use of Facial Hydrator which is a 10% glycolic- but it really works to reduce the irritation. I then have them use the Intense peptide skin recovery which has Sea Whip extract and Rosacea relief which has Horse chestnut extract . If they have extreme rosacea I will also have them use a sulfur mask to help rid their skin of the dextomites.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service