I have basically all the equipment needed to start. I just recently decided to rent my own room at a salon and do facials there. I was originally doing a few at home and I work at a medspa 4 hours a day in the morning as well, but I get paid a whooping $15 an hour to do facials. YUP. You read that right. Well, I'm done.

I don't have a towel warmer, can I use a crock pot instead? and what towels to use for this? any links?

what about microdermabrasion? I was thinking just getting the dermafiles, but I've seen nice little machines with diamond tip at amazon. any suggestions on that? I have very little budget tho!

I have an ultrasonic spatula, steamer, lamp, high frequency, galvanic, ultrasound for body and face, will have access to a sterilizer, I have a back bar, bed, what else do I need? 

I got the insurance covered, and got all the consent forms needed. But what about your preferred online booking? I will like to try something free... I'm already playing around with one but I'm thinking there must be others out there I can try. Also, how do you manage your finances? any good free software I can use that is great for newbies?

Also, what sites I could use to buy body wrapping materials?

Thank you so much in advance, I have so many questions!

Enith

Tags: facials, microdermabrasion, newbie, peels, towels

Views: 1244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hahaa yeah, the girl that does my hair and owns her salon for over 15 years still uses them! Thank you so much, I will look into a good/affordable software.

I got some nice microfiber towels from purespadirect.com  They are rectangular, so they are perfect for fully covering the client's face.  They're $20 for a pack of 10, and they are high quality.

When I was in Esthetics school, they used Nesco roasters, they worked perfectly fine, held a lot of towels, we would wet the towels, wring them out and put them in, no water in the bottom.  The towels toward the bottom got a little hotter but we just waved them in the air before applying to client.   It's what I use to hold my towels for my foot treatments.

thank you, will look into that.

You can get a towel cabbie for under 100 bucks on amazon. They're not the greatest but they work perfectly fine until you can upgrade. I'm using this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ROD09K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395485... right now until I can get an equipro.

I also bought my diamond tip microdermabrasion machine on amazon. It works "enough" but I'm not pleased with it. Clients say their skin feels so good after but as far as rejuvenation goes, I haven't seen any. I'm about to get derma file instead.

I have been using Styleseat for my online booking services and I've been very pleased with it. It's a fairly new company so they've had some kinks to work out there but it's free and very user friendly. I liked it so much that I upgraded which gave me the extra features of customizing my schedule and checking clients out. It also has a free app.

great tips/suggestions!!! yes, I'm leaning towards just getting the files. less equipment to have too... I'm going to look into Styleseat. yay! thank you Samantha!

I just came back from the Midwest beauty show where I stopped by every online booking place and I have to say, my favorite was the VAGARO. It was cheaper, could do everything that the others did, linked to everything, and user friendly!

I also bought a microcurrent mini machine for 15.00$ Now, I thought it really wouldn't work, but when we got home, I tried it on my 72 year old mom, and WOW it was amazing!!!

Also, found a company that does steaming towels in 15 minutes for facials called Spa Simplu. $100.00 and so I bought it.  WORKS FANTASTIC!!! HOLY SMOKES!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Amy what was the name of the mini LED you bought? What results did you notice? And I am so glad you said what you did about vagaro. I have been doing free trials and keep leaning towards them.

IT's Called s'luce from amazon. I can't seem to pull up the link. I have to say, IT IS AMAZING! It's the only tri-fold one on amazon so far and sit's on a tabletop.  I really, honestly thought it was all bunk. but I have completely LOST my pregnancy mask AND I have acne rosacea and it's GONE and this was all in TWO weeks of using it! AMAZING!

I saw that spa simplu at amazon too, tho it looks like it fits little amount of towels. I got this one free shipping http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PIZLI2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_... not bad!

I have been looking into microcurrent but I already have an ultrasound machine for body and face. Maybe one day I'll get the microcurrent mask... that one looks like fun. lol

I have Vagaro downloaded in my ipad and iphone. Looks very easy friendly...

It does only fit 9 towels, BUT it heats them up in 15 min. So You can turn them around very quickly. I have several facials on Tuesday so I will use it and see what I think. Just wanted you to know!

Just looked up that hot towel cabi on amazon and it seems super small!  I am not sure that a crockpot won't work for you until you can get a bigger hot towel cabi. It takes my towels about an hour to get them the right temperature and I seem to have to refill often so I'd always be behind with that one.  I think that's why I like the spa simplu because it heats them up so quickly. I've tried them out once and yes, it does heat them up fast! WOW!

RSS

© 2024   Created by ASCP.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service